Ready or not, December is here! I don’t know about you, but I want to enjoy every minute of it. I love Christmas! I especially love the lights and decorations. I love my early morning runs through a quiet town and seeing houses lit up. Instead of letting the month and all the activities overwhelm, I hope that you become overjoyed with the season.
I want to share a few things I’m doing to jingle all the way through the holidays. Maybe you’ll see something that will help you as well.
- Daily quiet time. I’m following an advent study, 2 actually. One with She Reads Truth and another with Love God Greatly. If you don’t have one, check these out. They are great Bible studies. If my heart is not prepared, nothing else will fall into place.
- Breakfast! It’s key to a good day. And I’m having #chocolateeveryday! My daily chocolate Shakeology provides me with complete nutrition giving me energy, curbing my cravings, and keeping things “regular”.
- Get enough sleep. Keep to your schedule. Anybody who knows me knows I’m an early to bed girl, but I’m also an early to rise girl. (4:00AM anyone???)
- Stay hydrated….with water! If you’re having a cocktail then drink extra water.
- Move. Participate in a fun 5K. I’ll be doing Santa Hustle Half Marathon in a little over a week. Don’t workout to punish yourself or out of guilt. Just do it to stick with your schedule, to get some fresh air.
- Manage stress with things like yoga, leisure walk, hot bath, hot tea (Check out Total Tea.* It has a combination of natural ingredients that can increase energy and other ingredients that can act as a natural detox. It tastes great too!), read a book, listen to Christmas music.
- Focus on protein. Make lean protein a focus at each meal and snack.
- Accountability. Keep up with your running or walking partner. May I suggest a challenge like the one you can find over on Clare Smith’s blog.
- Be prepared. Take along a bar or small snack so you always have something with you that’s a healthy option if you get caught in traffic or shop a little longer than anticipated.
- Most of all, ENJOY this time of year! The best way to do that is by practicing moderation and being present in every moment.
What are you doing to thrive this holiday season?
Which of the above tips will you put into practice?
*I was given this tea to review, but my comments are my own.